Incorporating Green Building Principles into a new or existing commercial building can provide an owner/occupant with compelling environmental, economic, and social benefits.
Sherland & Farrington is familiar with Green Building Principles and implementation within the flooring life-cycle. The benefits of the services we provide include the following:
- Enhance and protect biodiversity and ecosystems
- Improve air and water quality
- Reduce waste streams
- Conserve and restore natural resources
- Reduce operating costs
- Create, expand, and shape markets for green product and services
- Improve occupant productivity
- Optimize life-cycle economic performance
- Enhance occupant comfort and health
- Heighten aesthetic qualities
- Minimize strain on local infrastructure
- Improve overall quality of life
By working with Sherland & Farrington to apply Green Building Principles to your flooring project, you can maximize both economic and environmental performance. Green construction methods can be integrated into buildings at any stage, from design and construction, to renovation and deconstruction.